NYC Department of Buildings Equipment Use Permits

  • Filing with the New York City Department of Buildings for Equipment Use Permits (EUP).


  • The New York City Department of Buildings (NYC DOB) requires building owners to file engineering plans and applications with the NYC DOB for an Equipment Use Permit (EUP).


  • Equipment Use Permits are required for AC Systems, Refrigeration systems, Heat Pump Systems, Boilers, Hot Water Heaters, Heating Systems, Fuel Burning Equipment and Fuel Oil Storage Systems, etc.


  • When the construction permit is issued by the NYC DOB, the contractor can begin construction for the new or modified building system.


  • When the new construction is approved by the NYC DOB, the owner will be issued a Certificate of Occupancy by the New York City Building Department.

Back to Home Page

© 2023 by My site name. Proudly created with

EK Engineering, P.C. Consulting Engineers 

1979 Marcus Avenue, Suite 210 Lake Success, NY 11042 | 516-639-1921 | |